There may be nothing more to discover about Kim Kardashian West. After all, she has a popular reality program that has chronicled her whole life since 2007, as well as various high-profile incidents that have dominated the news ever since.
Yes, the reality show Keeping Up With the Kardashians has been on our television screens for over a decade. Do you think you’re becoming old?
Even if you follow her on every imaginable media channel, from TV to social media to apps, there are still certain things about the renowned mother of four that you may not know.
So gather ’round, Kimmy K fans (and detractors) — here are 15 Kim Kardashian facts that will surprise you:
1. Kim ran a closet organization and personal style business before she became famous. Brandy was her first client, and she went on to work with Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton.
2. Between the ages of 14 and 16, she dated Michael Jackson’s nephew, Tito Joe Jackson.
3. Her late father, Robert Kardashian, warned her at the time that being in an interracial relationship could lead to “comments” and abuse.
4. He also wrote her a letter in which he advised her to “learn her self-worth” since her figure will “lead to attention from guys.”
5. She likes automobiles and believes that Rolls Royce is perfect for families with children since they are “easy to put in the car seat and the infant.”
6. Instead of using standard name cards, she and Kanye had the names of all 150 guests carved onto a marble table for their wedding.
7. They chose Paris for their pre-wedding festivities since it was there that they met and fell in love, and Florence for the actual wedding because it was there that North was conceived.
8. Her one major regret in life is the 2011 release of her song “Jam (Turn It Up).”
9. Kimsaprincess Inc., the firm through which she licenses all of her items, was founded in 2007.
10. Princess Kimberly was her MySpace username.
11. Aside from “five shots of vodka in Las Vegas every three years,” she doesn’t drink or use drugs.
12. She was criticized for gaining weight during her first pregnancy. But it was because she was suffering from pre-eclampsia, a potentially life-threatening illness that causes swelling.
13. Kim was given the name Kimberley Noel Kardashian when she was born; however, she has since legally changed her name to Kim Kardashian West.
14. “You don’t put a bumper sticker on a Bentley,” she said when asked if she’d ever get a tattoo.
15. Kim continued to use a Blackberry Bold until her last one died in 2016 (and I had a stash of them that she had purchased on eBay).