Bollywood is trendy and exciting, with new trends emerging regularly. Every day, new trends occur, and we love to luxuriate in them. So far, the music business has been the most influential trendsetter. It had such an influence that its songs could be heard even in the most remote parts of the globe.
Disco Deewane was an album from the 1980s that sparked worldwide interest. It was given a new outlook on life with Kjo’s SOTY, and it has since then become a discotheque favorite!
Remember when Euphoria, Lucky Ali, Falguni Pathak, Bombay Vikings, and Bombay Rockers were all the rage? They didn’t have to use vulgar language to market their music. It was all about the best kind of music and rhythm. Ah! Those were the days of pure musical pleasure, free of hurling abuses and noise that define today’s music industry.
We’d call this a tribute to the 1990s because it was a euphoric period in our lives when music served as a substitute for colors. It was a period when a new music record was released every day. These albums provided us with the best of Bollywood artists. Indie-pop evolved as a counter-culture to Bollywood music in the 1990s.
- 1 So, let’s go on a musical journey down memory lane and relive the songs that made us drool and sing in the 1990s.
- 1.1 1. Kya Soorat Hai – Bombay Vikings
- 1.2 2. Sayonee – Junoon
- 1.3 3. Jaane Kisne – Shiamak Davar
- 1.4 4. Duur – Strings
- 1.5 5. Piya Re Piya Re – Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
- 1.6 6. Chana Ve Ghar – Kunal Ganjawala
- 1.7 7. Maaeri – Euphoria
- 1.8 8. Ab ke Sawan aise Barse – Shubha Mudgal
- 1.9 9. Tera Mera Pyaar – Kumar Sanu
- 1.10 10. Nachange Saari Raat – Stereo Nation
- 1.11 11. Purani Jeans – Ali Haider
- 1.12 12. Gori Teri Aankhein – Lucky Ali and Kavita Krishna Murthy
- 1.13 13. Deewane – Shweta Shetty
- 1.14 14. Ho Gayi Mohabbat – Shibani Kashyap and Aslam
- 1.15 15. Tu – Sonu Nigam
- 1.16 16. Meri Neend Ud Gayi Hai – Band of Boys
- 1.17 17. Deewana Tera – Sonu Nigam
- 1.18 18. Yaaron – KK
- 1.19 19. Angel Eyes – Raghav
- 1.20 20. Made in India – Alisha Chinai
- 1.21 21. Aankhon Mein – Aryans
- 1.22 22. Kabhi Aana Tu Meri Gali – Euphoria
- 1.23 23. Gur Nalo Ishq Mitha – Bally Sagoo and Malkit Singh
- 1.24 24. Woh Chali Woh Chali – Bombay Vikings
- 1.25 25. Tanha Dil – Shaan
- 1.26 26. Yaad Piya Ki – Falguni Pathak
- 1.27 27. Pari Hun Main – Suneeta Rao
- 1.28 28. Ahista – Pankaj Udhas
- 1.29 29. Dil Le Gayi – Jassi
- 1.30 30. Tunak Tunak Tun – Daler Mehndi
So, let’s go on a musical journey down memory lane and relive the songs that made us drool and sing in the 1990s.
1. Kya Soorat Hai – Bombay Vikings
Bombay Vikings introduced us to pop, and this song couldn’t have done a better job.
2. Sayonee – Junoon
This was a cult band with a cult song to match. If this song is being played at a distance I can guess it from wherever I am.
3. Jaane Kisne – Shiamak Davar
It was a moment when everyone was attempting to be singers, and Shiamak wanted to get a scent of it as well.
4. Duur – Strings
This Pakistani band provided us with several excellent tracks, including this one.
5. Piya Re Piya Re – Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
Teenage is incomplete without this wonderful legend’s music. He embodies the word “amazing.”
6. Chana Ve Ghar – Kunal Ganjawala
We loved thumping our feet to this song by Kunal Ganjawala.
7. Maaeri – Euphoria
What a wonderful composition! Listen to the MTV Unplugged version as well. I’m sure you’ll be amazed because I don’t love Maaeri!
8. Ab ke Sawan aise Barse – Shubha Mudgal
Have you ever heard somebody with a voice as strong and energizing as Shubha Mudgal’s? During rainy days, this song is still a terrific companion.
9. Tera Mera Pyaar – Kumar Sanu
You will not believe your eyes, it’s the beautiful Nimrat Kaur. The theatre setting and the mellow music, ah!
10. Nachange Saari Raat – Stereo Nation
Stereo Nation nailed it with this song, with a badass piercing and the right pop star groove. I would pick up this song any day to dance. This song is such a vibe!
11. Purani Jeans – Ali Haider
This one brings back so many memories for me. Isn’t it still apt?
12. Gori Teri Aankhein – Lucky Ali and Kavita Krishna Murthy
This duo’s beautiful melody is quite relaxing to the ears. Every time you listen to it, you get a nice feeling.
13. Deewane – Shweta Shetty
This fierce girl was a wonderful surprise for the Hindi pop world, with a deeply rich, earthy voice.
14. Ho Gayi Mohabbat – Shibani Kashyap and Aslam
A song that is easily forgotten, yet once heard, transports you to another time and place.
15. Tu – Sonu Nigam
Wow. This song had almost slipped my mind! We often miss listening to Sonu Nigam. Guess who also features in this song? It’s Bipasha Basu, friends! Give this video a watch, now!
16. Meri Neend Ud Gayi Hai – Band of Boys
Five charming gentlemen who can sing and sweep you off your feet. Ah! What a fantastic combination! Quite literally, Meri Neend Ud Gayi Thi.
17. Deewana Tera – Sonu Nigam
This is one of Sonu Nigam’s initial songs, and it is also one of his greatest.
18. Yaaron – KK
Farewells, senti-friendship videos, and the completion of a college trip – these are all things that come to mind while thinking about this song. This song has always been there to communicate everything we’ve ever wanted to say about friendships and friends.
19. Angel Eyes – Raghav
The incredibly lovely guy who sang us this beautiful song and stole our hearts with his deep dimples. Every girl assumed it was intended for her. *Yes, I did*
20. Made in India – Alisha Chinai
Ah! This introduced us to Alisha, who resembled a princess, and Milind Soman, who was smoking hot. The song was responsible for a whole generation’s sexual awakening. And loving Milind Soman forever!
21. Aankhon Mein – Aryans
Back then, the Aryans were the shiz! We will never be able to express our gratitude enough for providing us with Shahid Kapoor and some calming romantic music.
22. Kabhi Aana Tu Meri Gali – Euphoria
These guys were incredible, delivering singles like Maaeri, Dhoom Pichak Dhoom, and many others.
23. Gur Nalo Ishq Mitha – Bally Sagoo and Malkit Singh
Jas Arora and Malaika Arora Khan, the palm-rubbing step! WOW, WOW, WOW!
24. Woh Chali Woh Chali – Bombay Vikings
In simple words, Bombay Vikings were awesome, and this song was fantastic.
25. Tanha Dil – Shaan
When we were missing that specific someone, we would listen to this song. Ah, teenage!
26. Yaad Piya Ki – Falguni Pathak
I’m quite sure every single one of you darling Falguni fans has tried and copied the steps at least once. Riya Sen with those big sparkling eyes and Kiran Janjani who you’ll instantly fall in love with.
27. Pari Hun Main – Suneeta Rao
This song had all the emotions to make a lady feel like a princess, with a lovely voice.
28. Ahista – Pankaj Udhas
This beautiful song, the lyrics, and the music just touch your heart every time.
29. Dil Le Gayi – Jassi
The intro is quite funky and gets you in the mood for bhangra.
30. Tunak Tunak Tun – Daler Mehndi
Guys don’t try to deny it. You love this song, and you can’t stop yourself from doing the step as soon as you hear it from afar.